Dog friendly stops along Southwest Michigan’s Makers Trail
There’s nothing your dog loves more than spending time with you. So, next time you go out for a drink, bring your pet along! The Makers Trail has many wineries, breweries, cideries and distilleries that will welcome you and your pet so you can enjoy a drink and spend time with your best friend.
Dog friendly breweries
- Arclight Brewing Company, Watervliet- You leashed pet may join you in the table area out front.
- Haymarket Taproom, Bridgman- The outdoor beer garden is pet-friendly.
- The Livery, Benton Harbor- Leashed dogs are allowed outside in the gated beer garden.
- North Pier Brewing Company, Benton Harbor- Leashed dogs are allowed inside the taproom and outside in the patio area.
- River Saint Joe, Buchanan- Enjoy this brewery and restaurant in their beautiful rural setting. Leashed dogs are welcome in the large outdoor space with covered tables and fire pits. They provide water bowls for your pet while you quench your thirst with farmhouse beers.
- Round Barn Brewery & Public House, Baroda- In the spring through fall, enjoy the beer garden across the street with your leashed pet.
- Seedz Brewery, Union Pier- Loves friendly, leashed dogs of all sizes. Pets are always welcome on the patio, but during inclement weather, they may come inside.
- Silver Harbor Brewing Company, St. Joseph- Leashed dogs are allowed on the outdoor patio; you must be able to lift your pet over the fence.
- Tapistry Brewing Company, Bridgman- Dogs are allowed on the public sidewalk.
- Transient Artisan Ales, Bridgman- Friendly pets are welcome inside the taproom.
- Watermark Brewing Company, Stevensville- Leashed dogs are allowed in the front yard and on the outdoor patio.
Wineries that allow dogs
- 12 Corners Vineyards, Benton Harbor- Dogs allowed on the covered porch and open side patio.
- Domaine Berrien Cellars, Berrien Springs- Leashed dogs, kept under control, are allowed in the vineyard and picnic area. No dogs are allowed on festival days.
- Free Run Cellars, Berrien Springs- Leashed dogs are allowed at the outside tables.
- Hickory Creek Winery, Buchanan- Leashed dogs are welcome outside on the patio.
- Lehman’s Orchard, Niles- Leashed dogs are welcome outdoors, but not in the food-growing fields and orchards.
- Lemon Creek Winery, Berrien Springs- Leashed dogs are allowed in the outside seating area; no pets, however, in the u-pick areas.
- Mt. Tabor Trails, Baroda/Buchanan- Give your leashed dogs a good walk on the 3.5 miles of scenic trails looping through the woods and vineyards between Round Barn Winery & Estate and Tabor Hill Winery & Restaurant. Don’t go out on the trails empty-handed. Get a drink-to-go from either winery. And please, clean up after your pet.
- Round Barn Winery & Estate, Baroda- Leashed dogs with up-to-date shots are allowed inside the tasting room and outside in the patio area.
- Round Barn, Tabor Hill, and Free Run Tasting Room, Union Pier- Leashed dogs with up-to-date shots are allowed inside.
- St. Julian Tastings & Retail Store, Union Pier- This tasting room serves wines from Michigan’s oldest, largest and most award-winning winery. Leash your pup and enjoy the dog-friendly patio.
- Tabor Hill Winery & Restaurant, Buchanan- Leashed dogs with up-to-date shots are welcome, spring through fall, at their vineyard tasting room.
- Vineyard 2121, Benton Harbor- Leashed dogs are allowed in the outdoor seating area near the pond.
Dog friendly Cidery
- Peat’s Cider Social, Stevensville- Leashed dogs are welcome on their outdoor patio.
Pet friendly distilleries
- Iron Shoe Distillery, Niles- Leashed dogs are welcome on an outdoor patio.
- Journeyman Distillery, Three Oaks- Leashed dogs are allowed on the outside deck on the west side of the building. Call ahead to inquire whether they are serving on the deck that day or whether the deck is closed for a private event.
Two downtown social districts give you more Makers Trail drink and food choices
Two cities, St. Joseph and Bridgman, have social districts, where you can purchase food and alcoholic drinks from participating businesses and consume them in outdoor common areas where your pet can join you. Your pet will need to stay outside while you place and pick up your order.
Visit more pet friendly places in Southwest Michigan
Download our free pet-friendly guide.