Visit Silver Harbor Brewing Company: the daydream that became reality
- Related Member: Silver Harbor Brewing Company
How the dream was kickstarted
In 2011, Christian Cook began homebrewing. With his downtime invested in learning the process and adapting to craft beer culture, owning a brewery seemed like a dream job that would never pan out.
Dine indoors in Southwest Michigan again
- Related Member: The Livery, Clementine's Too, Froehlich's, Grande Mere Inn, The Golf Club at Harbor Shores, Haymarket Taproom, Journeyman Distillery, Lehman's Farmhouse, North Pier Brewing Company, Round Barn Public House, Silver Harbor Brewing Company, Tabor Hill Winery & Restaurant, Mason Jar Cafe, Tosi's, Bistro on the Boulevard, Silver Beach Pizza, Iron Shoe Distillery, Ghost Isle Brewery, Round Barn Filling Station, Houndstooth, Plank’s Tavern on the Water, River St. Joe
If it’s getting old viewing your favorite Southwest Michigan restaurants from the curbside pick-up spot, hop out of your car and dine inside! Michigan restaurants reopened indoor dining to 50% capacity on March 5. Be sure to check their hours and offerings — many are new. There’s no need to eat up your time searching online. You can catch up on who is open when below.
Planning your Pet-Friendly Vacation in Southwest Michigan
- Southwestern Michigan Tourist Council
- Related Member: FuzzyButz Pet Bakery & Boutique
Everyone loves to go on vacation, but if you’re like me you hate leaving your pets behind. It can be difficult (and expensive) to travel with animals but luckily Southwestern Michigan is a very pet-friendly place. You can find many hotels, restaurants, wineries, breweries, distilleries, trails, beaches, farms, campgrounds and shops that will welcome your pets as they would any other member of your family. To help plan your pet-friendly vacation, here are some places I would recommend staying and visiting while you’re here. You can also download the pet-friendly guide for more information.
Award winning wines to try on the Southwest Michigan Makers Trail
- Mikhayla Dunaj
- Related Member: Domaine Berrien Cellars, Karma Vista Vineyards, Lemon Creek Winery, 12 Corners Vineyards
Try these medal winners on your Makers Trail tour
If your wine cabinet selections need refreshing, head out to the Southwest Michigan Makers Trail. While the coronavirus pandemic canceled many 2020 wine competitions, several local wineries picked up awards for their vintages in recent years. Come toast their victories!
Valentine’s Day: A Week of Date Nights
- Erika Anthony
- Related Member: Dablon Vineyards Winery & Tasting Room, Inn at Harbor Shores, Kilwins Ice Cream-Fudge-Chocolate Shoppe, Round Barn Estate, Tabor Hill Winery & Restaurant, The Boulevard Inn, Bistro on the Boulevard, Iron Shoe Distillery, Dr. T.K. Lawless County Park, Plank’s Tavern on the Water
Indoor dining is opening back up in Southwest Michigan just in time for Valentine’s Day! But with limited seating available, it’s a great idea to plan your Valentine’s Day celebration in advance and consider celebrating throughout the week. We’ve compiled a list of date night ideas you can enjoy each day leading up to Valentine’s Day so you can choose your favorite or celebrate all week long.