Five Ways to Get Out This Winter
- Katie White
- Related Member: Love Creek County Park & Nature Center, Swiss Valley Ski & Snowboard Area, Warren Dunes State Park, Dr. T.K. Lawless County Park
Winter is here in Southwest Michigan, and it’s time to get outside, get fresh air, and take in some frosty fun. Here are five ideas for getting out this winter:
Outdoor Tasting Experiences to Try This Winter
- Erika Anthony
- Related Member: The Livery, Dablon Vineyards Winery & Tasting Room, Haymarket Taproom, Hickory Creek Winery, Lehman's Farmhouse, North Pier Brewing Company, Round Barn Estate, Vineyard 2121, Arclight Brewing Company, River St. Joe
Winter on the Makers Trail will be even cooler this year! Many of our wineries, breweries and distilleries are creating unique seasonal outdoor experiences. With firepits, heated patios, private greenhouses or domes you can rent, rewards programs and more your winter tasting tour will be unlike any other. Read on for a list of all of the fun new things you’ll find on the trail this winter that will allow you to enjoy it safely.
Takeout food that tastes so good!
- Related Member: The Livery, Applebee's, Clementine's Too, Froehlich's, The Golf Club at Harbor Shores, Haymarket Taproom, Lehman's Farmhouse, Mark III Inn, North Pier Brewing Company, Papa Vino's Italian Kitchen, Santaniello's Glenlord Restaurant, Silver Harbor Brewing Company, Mason Jar Cafe, Tosi's, Vineyard 2121, McDonald's, Bistro on the Boulevard, Silver Beach Pizza, Iron Shoe Distillery, Round Barn Filling Station, Houndstooth, Plank’s Tavern on the Water, River Saint Joe
Throughout Southwest Michigan, you will find talented chefs who love to make your palate dance with each bite. During the pandemic, they are pouring their energies into preparing mouthwatering menu choices for takeout, curbside and delivery that you can savor from the comfort of your hotel or home. Whether you want to pick up some delicious munchies for a snack break, lunch to energize you or your family for an afternoon of work or studying, or dinner to give your family cook a night off in the kitchen, here are some places to call or order online.
Makers Trail Gift Guide
- Related Member: The Livery, Dablon Vineyards Winery & Tasting Room, Domaine Berrien Cellars, Grape and Grain Tours, LLC, Gravity, Hickory Creek Winery, Journeyman Distillery, Lake Michigan Vintners, Lazy Ballerina Winery: Saint Joseph Tasting Room, Lehman's Farmhouse, Round Barn Estate, Silver Harbor Brewing Company, Tabor Hill Winery & Restaurant, White Pine Winery, Arclight Brewing Company, Iron Shoe Distillery, River Saint Joe
Find fun and unique holiday gift ideas for the beer, wine, cider or spirits lover in your life. Shop small and support local businesses and makers in Southwest Michigan by purchasing the items below.
Make-your-own treasured gifts and festive holiday decorations
- Related Member: ARS Gallery, Krasl Art Center, The Mendel Center at Lake Michigan College, Lazy Ballerina Winery: Saint Joseph Tasting Room, Fab Lab at Lake Michigan College
One of the benefits of having more time at home this year is you can let your creativity shine. In Southwest Michigan, we make it easier to put together presents you’ll be proud to give and decorations that will last for holidays to come. And you still have time to make them!