After months of staying in, you may be looking for ways to reconnect with your loved one. Southwest Michigan is full of ways to up the romance level - in fact, St. Joseph was named “Michigan’s Most Romantic City.” Check out these five ways to switch things up this season.
- Take in the stars at T.K. Lawless Park. Few things in life are more peaceful than looking up at the night sky and feeling the vastness of our galaxy. Head to Vandalia, Mich., to take in one of just two designated International Dark Sky Parks in the state of Michigan. While skygazing is fabulous year round, July’s Dark Sky Awareness Month and August’s Perseid Meteor Showers give you even more reason to head out at night with the one you love.
- Listen to live music dockside at Plank’s Tavern inside the Inn at Harbor Shores. Date nights never feel complete unless there’s a tasty meal involved, and Plank’s delivers! Sit outside at their socially distanced tables (which overlook the St. Joseph River) and enjoy live music every Friday and Saturday night.
- Walk through lush gardens and spot local wildlife together at Fernwood Botanical Gardens. Stroll through the 105 acres of wildflowers, ponds, springs and trees. Activity levels vary from simple strolls to a more hilly walk, so you can choose whatever level of difficulty you and your partner prefer.
- Eat decadent Kilwins ice cream while watching a sunset over Lake Michigan. Hot summer days are complemented perfectly with tasty, refreshing ice cream. Grab your favorite flavor from Kilwins on brick-lined State Street in St. Joseph, then walk a block to Lake Bluff Park and catch a sunset. Get there early and you may be able to snag a swing for two.
- Have a sunset picnic at our local beaches. Southwest Michigan has so many beaches to choose from to take in a gorgeous sunset. Grab dinner to-go from your favorite local restaurant, pack a blanket, and go enjoy.
Ready to reconnect? Book your stay today and begin making happy memories in Southwest Michigan.