Inspiring Businesswomen: JLN Studios
- Lauren Kniebes
- Related Member: Lazy Ballerina Winery: Saint Joseph Tasting Room, JLN Studio
Julie Nitz developed a love for art before she even started grade school. That love blossomed into a life dedicated to sharing that love for art with others. She started JLN Studio Graphic Design and Art Studio 10 years ago and has had studios in New Buffalo, Three Oaks and currently resides in a 1,400 square foot space in downtown Stevensville, Michigan.
Happy trails! Here’s where to hike this spring
- Mikhayla Dunaj
- Related Member: Fernwood Botanical Garden & Nature Preserve, The Golf Club at Harbor Shores, Love Creek County Park & Nature Center, Madeline Bertrand County Park, Warren Dunes State Park, Galien River County Park, Dr. T.K. Lawless County Park, Fred Russ Forest Park, Kal-Haven Trail Sesquicentennial State Park
The snow is melting and the sun is shining. Soon enough, that extra bit of daylight will make fitting in a hike much easier! All over Southwest Michigan, you’ll find peaceful paths and trek-worthy trails with beautiful views. Whether you like sinking your feet into the sand, steep dune climbs, paved walkways or an easy dirt course, you’re sure to find the perfect route here. These are some of our favorite places to take a hike:
Visit this one-stop resort for all your Southwest Michigan vacation needs!
- Mikhayla Dunaj
- Related Member: Inn at Harbor Shores, Plank’s Tavern on the Water
Your search for a high-end hotel in Southwest Michigan is over. Tucked into an area looking over the St. Joseph River is a premier, year-round resort destination — the Inn at Harbor Shores, 800 Whitwam Dr., St. Joseph.
Visit Silver Harbor Brewing Company: the daydream that became reality
- Related Member: Silver Harbor Brewing Company
How the dream was kickstarted
In 2011, Christian Cook began homebrewing. With his downtime invested in learning the process and adapting to craft beer culture, owning a brewery seemed like a dream job that would never pan out.
Planning your Pet-Friendly Vacation in Southwest Michigan
- Southwestern Michigan Tourist Council
- Related Member: FuzzyButz Pet Bakery & Boutique
Everyone loves to go on vacation, but if you’re like me you hate leaving your pets behind. It can be difficult (and expensive) to travel with animals but luckily Southwestern Michigan is a very pet-friendly place. You can find many hotels, restaurants, wineries, breweries, distilleries, trails, beaches, farms, campgrounds and shops that will welcome your pets as they would any other member of your family. To help plan your pet-friendly vacation, here are some places I would recommend staying and visiting while you’re here. You can also download the pet-friendly guide for more information.