Taking Winter Photos
- Joshua Nowicki
- Related Member: Tiscornia Park, Silver Beach County Park
Winter is my favorite time to be outside. I love the crisp air, the way that the snow blankets everything, the otherworldly ice formations along the lakeshore and the delicate beauty of individual snowflakes. Walking along the lake, hiking a trail, climbing a snow-covered dune, or driving along a quiet country road I delight in discovering places to photograph the beauty of winter in Southwest Michigan.
Outdoor Tasting Experiences to Try This Winter
- Erika Anthony
- Related Member: The Livery, Dablon Vineyards Winery & Tasting Room, Haymarket Taproom, Hickory Creek Winery, Lehman's Farmhouse, North Pier Brewing Company, Round Barn Estate, Vineyard 2121, Arclight Brewing Company, River St. Joe
Winter on the Makers Trail will be even cooler this year! Many of our wineries, breweries and distilleries are creating unique seasonal outdoor experiences. With firepits, heated patios, private greenhouses or domes you can rent, rewards programs and more your winter tasting tour will be unlike any other. Read on for a list of all of the fun new things you’ll find on the trail this winter that will allow you to enjoy it safely.
Fat Tire Biking in Southwest Michigan
- Joshua Nowicki
- Related Member: Love Creek County Park & Nature Center, Dr. T.K. Lawless County Park, John and Dede Howard Family Recreational Trail, Kal-Haven Trail Sesquicentennial State Park, Andrews Trails
Fat tire bikes allow you to ride the trails all year long. Roam immaculate snowy forested paths, traverse the pristine snow-blanketed lakeshore and glide for down miles down scenic trails. Fat tire biking will make you happier, healthier and more relaxed.
2021 dark sky stargazing dates in Southwest Michigan.
- Related Member: Dr. T.K. Lawless County Park
Dr. T.K. Lawless International Dark Sky Park | 15122 Monkey Run Street, Vandalia | $2 per car
One of the hottest tourism trends is stargazing. And whether you’re a seasoned astronomer or someone looking for a new date-night idea or a fun, family activity, Southwest Michigan is your destination for some of the best night-sky viewings. We are home to Cass County’s Dr. T.K. Lawless Park, one of only two designated International Dark Sky Parks in Michigan and also an official Michigan Dark Sky Preserve.
Takeout food that tastes so good!
- Related Member: The Livery, Applebee's, Clementine's Too, Froehlich's, The Golf Club at Harbor Shores, Haymarket Taproom, Lehman's Farmhouse, Mark III Inn, North Pier Brewing Company, Papa Vino's Italian Kitchen, Santaniello's Glenlord Restaurant, Silver Harbor Brewing Company, Mason Jar Cafe, Tosi's, Vineyard 2121, McDonald's, Bistro on the Boulevard, Silver Beach Pizza, Iron Shoe Distillery, Round Barn Filling Station, Houndstooth, Plank’s Tavern on the Water, River Saint Joe
Throughout Southwest Michigan, you will find talented chefs who love to make your palate dance with each bite. During the pandemic, they are pouring their energies into preparing mouthwatering menu choices for takeout, curbside and delivery that you can savor from the comfort of your hotel or home. Whether you want to pick up some delicious munchies for a snack break, lunch to energize you or your family for an afternoon of work or studying, or dinner to give your family cook a night off in the kitchen, here are some places to call or order online.