Top fall memory-making activities in Southwest Michigan
Fall is in full swing in Southwest Michigan, and it’s time to make the most of this autumnal season! Here are 7 ways to make your fall memorable this year in our region.
- Spend a family day at Stovers Farm Market & U-Pic. Here, everything great about our fall harvest is made into one family-friendly experience! Load up the whole crew for apple picking through the expansive acres at this family-owned farm. Nothing compares to the crisp, juicy flavor of farm fresh! Make sure to stop by the big red barn and peruse the market for fresh baked goods, pre-picked bushels and pecks and some fresh apple cider!
- Enjoy scarecrows, art and ciders in Buchanan. The City of Buchanan transforms in the fall with decorated scarecrows throughout the downtown area. Walk through downtown and admire each unique scarecrow, then enjoy an ice-cold cider at Lehman’s Farmhouse.
Afterward, explore the arts at the Roti Roti Art Center of Buchanan and gather a stamp for your Creative Connections game card. (You have until May 9, 2022, to earn great prizes.)
- Plan a fall color tour. Southwest Michigan’s fall color is expected to peak this year in late October/ early November. Find the most scenic roads on this fall color itinerary. With so much scenic countryside and many gorgeous beaches, you’ll find Southwest Michigan’s fall color pops just a little more.
Consider seeing the brilliant autumnal colors from a different view by kayak this fall, too!
- If you enjoy sampling Southwest Michigan craft beverages along our Makers Trail, plan your visits around some of the most scenic views. While our wineries are all nestled among picturesque vistas, you’ll find that a winery tour through Berrien Springs and Baroda will yield an exceptionally beautiful ride. Several of our local makers are near beautiful fall hiking destinations. Find out how to double the trail fun in this blog that offers a few options for tastes and trails!
- Search for beach glass. The best time to find beach glass is just after a good wind storm. If the fall gales kick up while you’re here for your visit, plan on hunting for the elusive beach glass along our shoreline. Get tips for making your hunt successful in our beach glass blog.
- Pick your favorite pumpkin in the patch. But this time choose between sparkly turquoise, hand-painted landscape scenes or an elegant metallic color. These one-of-a-kind, hand-blown glass pumpkins from Water Street Glassworks make an excellent addition to your fall decor.
- This is the perfect time of year because cider is always at the next farmers market, orchard, cidery and in our case, bowling alley. This blog has some in-cider information on where to find fall’s favorite cidery beverages in Southwest Michigan. Hard? Traditional recipes? Something new? We have it all covered. All you have to do is sip and stay awhile.
It’s the most colorful time of the year, so enjoy it! Make the best memories this fall finding life’s simple joys in Southwest Michigan. Book your trip today.