CELEBRATE SIX WEEKS OF LEGO MANIA IN AND AROUND ST. JOSEPH FEB. 27 – APRIL 11
- Related Member: St. Joseph Today, Box Factory for the Arts, Curious Kids' Museum, The Heritage Museum and Cultural Center, Krasl Art Center, Maud Preston Palenske Memorial Public Library, Shadowland on Silver Beach, Silver Beach Carousel
Are you or your kids crazy about LEGO® bricks? Then the next six weeks are a great time to spend in and around St. Joseph. That’s when 10 host sites are stacking up family-friendly entertainment during the Eighth Annual Build Your Way Around Town LEGO celebration, Feb. 27 through April 11. Most events are free including parking.
UNIQUE WINTER WINE EXPERIENCES IN SOUTHWEST MICHIGAN
- Jessica Springer
- Related Member: Dablon Vineyards Winery & Tasting Room, Domaine Berrien Cellars, Round Barn Winery
Did you know Southwest Michigan is one of five American Viticulture Areas in Michigan? The sloping terrain along the lakeshore, mild temperatures and variety of soils make it the perfect location for growing grapes and other fruits that serve as the inspiration for a vast array of award winning wines. In fact, our growing season has been compared to noteworthy destinations such as Bordeaux, France and Piedmont, Italy.
5 Ways to Spend Your Leap Day in Southwest Michigan
- SARAH SPOONHOLTZ
- Related Member: The Livery, Comfort Suites - Stevensville, Curious Kids' Museum, Fernwood Botanical Garden & Nature Preserve, Hilton Garden Inn - Benton Harbor/St. Joseph, Inn at Harbor Shores, Kilwins Ice Cream-Fudge-Chocolate Shoppe, The Mendel Center at Lake Michigan College, The LakeHouse Restaurant, Silver Beach Carousel, Slackers Family Fun Center & Laser Tag, The Boulevard Inn, Grand Mere State Park
There’s nothing better than a leap year, except when our bonus day falls on a Saturday, which is exactly what 2020 brings us! Southwest Michigan offers multiple opportunities for you to turn your bonus day into a memorable one.
The View Of Chicago From Southwestern Michigan
- Joshua Nowicki
- Related Member: Warren Dunes State Park, Grand Mere State Park, Lake Bluff Park, Lookout Park
Several years ago I wrote a blog post about the view of Chicago from Michigan. Since then I have taken time-lapse photos, there has been more debate what is possible to see, and I have appeared in an ABC57 news segment talking about the science behind the view.
Five Fun Winter Date Ideas
- Erika Peterson
- Related Member: Round Barn Winery, Swiss Valley Ski & Snowboard Area, Bistro on the Boulevard, JLN Studio, John and Dede Howard Ice Rink
Looking for something new and fun to do together to get out of the house? We know dinner and a movie gets a little old after a while and sometimes we forget about all of the fun things Southwest Michigan has to offer during winter. Check out these five ways to switch things up this season.