Summertime Harvest: Your guide to fresh-picked goodness in & around St. Joseph
- Related Member: Bob's Barn Farm Market and Bakery, DeGrandchamp Farms, Fruit Acres Farm Market & U-Pick, Jollay Orchards, Stovers Farm Market & U-Pic, Lehman's Orchard, Lemon Creek Winery, JW Morlock & Girls LLC, Piggott's Farm Market & Bakery, Shuler Dairy Farms, The Blueberry Patch, Watervliet Fruit Exchange, Higbee's Farm
The same Lake Michigan that lures you in every summer is the reason we harvest a large variety of fruits and vegetables in Southwest Michigan. The lake tempers our climate which creates the perfect growing environment for our produce and why so many of our family farms have been around for generations. We invite you to visit our farms and farm stands this summer, see where your food is grown, and handpick the freshest, sweetest, crispest produce and bring it home to your table.
Ready now! Plump, juicy, oh-so-good blueberries!
- Related Member: DeGrandchamp Farms, Nye's Apple Barn, The Blueberry Patch
Mmmm. One of the best tastes of summer is right-off-the-bush blueberries. And you can come and get them now!
Five Summer 2020 Must-Dos in Southwest Michigan
- Katie White
- Related Member: The Golf Club at Harbor Shores, New Territory Arts Association, North Pier Brewing Company, Shuler Dairy Farms, Silver Harbor Brewing Company, Mason Jar Cafe, Third Coast Surf Shop
Summer 2020 will make for a unique summer experience without fairs and festivals, however Southwest Michigan is still chock full of experiences to make your summer a blast. Here are five ideas to make the most of your summer this year:
Celebrate the 4th of July 2020-Style
- Related Member: Dablon Vineyards Winery & Tasting Room, Doe-Wah-Jack's Canoe Rental, Inn at Harbor Shores, Journeyman Distillery, Love Creek County Park & Nature Center, Round Barn Estate, Silver Harbor Brewing Company, Third Coast Surf Shop, Scooter Joe's Wheel & Water Rentals, Southwest Michigan Cycleboat, Dr. T.K. Lawless County Park, Fred Russ Forest Park, Ghost Isle Brewery, Kal-Haven Trail Sesquicentennial State Park, Plank’s Tavern on the Water
The pandemic virus may have changed HOW you celebrate the U.S.A.’s Independence Day this year, but it won’t stop you and your family from having a blast in Southwest Michigan. In fact, we hope you will discover how simple and easy it is to have fun this year.
Planning a summer road trip? Here’s what to expect in Southwest Michigan.
- Related Member: Southwestern Michigan Tourist Council
From our white-capped waves to shimmering, golden dunes to cool, deep green forests to local crisp white wines and sun-kissed, juicy peaches, this is the change of pace – change of scenery – change of how you fill your days – that you have dreamed about for months.