Making Dinner Fun Again
- Eric Halder
- Related Member: Big Dan's U-Pick 'em & Farm Market, Bob's Barn Farm Market and Bakery, DeGrandchamp Farms, Fruit Acres Farm Market & U-Pick, Granor Farm, Stovers Farm Market & U-Pic, Lehman's Farmhouse, Piggott's Farm Market & Bakery, Shuler Dairy Farms, Starbuck's Blueberry Farm, Tree-Mendus Fruit Farm, Baroda Farmers Market, Higbee's Farm, Sommerfeldt's Farm
Mealtime lately has lost its spark. Whether it’s the struggle of coming up with new ideas or just being uninspired, falling back into the default 5 meals day in and day out, has left our plates just a little less joyful.
Fortunately a trip to the farmers market or local U-pick may be all that’s needed to jog your noggin into gear. Our latest trip yielded this magnificent purple cauliflower. I named it Beatrice. Beatrice wasn’t only beautiful on the outside, every floret was a piece of art. So we set those pieces atop fire and gobbled them up with a homemade cilantro lime dressing!
Summer dining – everything tastes better outdoors
- Katie White
- Related Member: The Livery, Clementine's Too, Froehlich's, The Golf Club at Harbor Shores, Haymarket Taproom, Journeyman Distillery, The LakeHouse Restaurant, Lehman's Farmhouse, North Pier Brewing Company, Santaniello's Glenlord Restaurant, Silver Harbor Brewing Company, Tabor Hill Winery & Restaurant, Tapistry Brewing Company, The Buck Burgers & Brew, Mason Jar Cafe, Tosi's, Vineyard 2121, Bistro on the Boulevard, Iron Shoe Distillery, Ghost Isle Brewery, Round Barn Filling Station, Houndstooth, Plank’s Tavern on the Water, Mark III Grille & Bar, River St. Joe
Summer is in full swing and now is a great time to dine outdoors in scenic Southwest Michigan. Savor every delicious morsel overlooking Lake Michigan, the St. Joseph River, our quaint downtowns, vineyards or verdant fields. Whether you’re looking for a place to meet up for an early morning breakfast, working lunch or a romantic dinner out with your loved ones, you will find a table in these 25 fresh-air venues:
Mt. Tabor Trails: New, One-of-a-Kind Tasting Adventure
- Related Member: Round Barn Estate, Tabor Hill Winery & Restaurant
You may have visited the Makers Trail before, but you probably have never experienced anything quite like this in Southwest Michigan. There is a whole new tasting adventure provided by Moersch Hospitality Group: Mt. Tabor Trails in Buchanan!
Five Fun Summer Date Ideas
- Related Member: Fernwood Botanical Garden & Nature Preserve, Kilwins Ice Cream-Fudge-Chocolate Shoppe, Dr. T.K. Lawless County Park, Plank’s Tavern on the Water
After months of staying in, you may be looking for ways to reconnect with your loved one. Southwest Michigan is full of ways to up the romance level - in fact, St. Joseph was named “Michigan’s Most Romantic City.” Check out these five ways to switch things up this season.
Hot, new tourism trend – stargazing – comes to Southwest Michigan!
- Related Member: Dr. T.K. Lawless County Park
One of the hottest tourism trends is stargazing. And whether you’re a seasoned astronomer, looking for new date-night ideas or for a fun, outdoor activity to do with the kids, Southwest Michigan is an international destination for some of the best night-sky viewing. That’s right, Cass County’s Dr. T.K. Lawless Park in Vandalia is one of only two designated International Dark Sky Parks in Michigan and one of the state’s official Dark Sky Preserves.