Making Dinner Fun Again
Mealtime lately has lost its spark. Whether it’s the struggle of coming up with new ideas or just being uninspired, falling back into the default 5 meals day in and day out, has left our plates just a little less joyful.
Fortunately a trip to the farmers market or local U-pick may be all that’s needed to jog your noggin into gear. Our latest trip yielded this magnificent purple cauliflower. I named it Beatrice. Beatrice wasn’t only beautiful on the outside, every floret was a piece of art. So we set those pieces atop fire and gobbled them up with a homemade cilantro lime dressing!
- Cut Cauliflower into 3/4 inch steaks. One head should yield at least 2 steaks. There will be florets on either side that fall off. Save for later or grill as well and crumble on top of steaks to finish off the dish.
- Lightly oil each side of steak.
- Grill each side for 8-10 minutes.
Cilantro Lime Dressing
1 bunch of cilantro
3 cloves of garlic
3 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup greek yogurt
6 tbsp olive oil
- Remove the stem and seeds of the jalapeño. For the heavy hitters in the crowd, leave the seeds in.
- Place ingredients into a blender and pulse until everyone has become friends.
- For a little extra oomf: grill the cloves of garlic before blending.
- Pour desired amount over cauliflower steaks and devour!
We paired the grilled cauliflower with grilled shishito peppers, grilled romaine lettuce and a tomato cucumber salad. Any dressing you haven’t shoveled into your gullet while sitting in a dark corner, you can refrigerate up to 5 days.