Lake Michigan College
The philosophy of Lake Michigan College is founded on the belief that education is for all who wish to develop their potential. It is fundamental that a community college assist in meeting the educational, career, cultural, wellness and recreational needs of the community it serves.
- LMC contributes $242 million to the economy of Berrien and Van Buren counties through college operations and past student productivity effects.
- Over 7,000 credit and non-credit students are served annually by the college.
- Each year over 1,000 high school students earn college credit through early college programs.
- Approximately one-third of LMC students receive some type of financial aid.
- 100% of LMC classrooms are multimedia equipped.
- 682 student computers are available at the four campuses.
- Over 20 LMC courses are offered in an online format.
- An Honors Program provides additional challenge to students who excel academically.
- Partnerships with Siena Heights University and Western Michigan University - Southwest provide access to over 20 bachelor and master degree programs on the LMC campuses.
- Three campuses: Napier Avenue Campus, Benton Harbor; Bertrand Crossing Campus, Niles; and South Haven Campus
- Online classes
- Online registration
- Student Resource Center
- Veterans' student services
- On campus bookstore
- Child Care Center at Napier and South Haven Campuses
- Service animals are welcome
- Handicap accessible