Southwest Michigan Date Night Starter
- Erika Anthony
- Related Member: The Livery, Dablon Vineyards Winery & Tasting Room, Fernwood Botanical Garden & Nature Preserve, Grande Mere Inn, The Golf Club at Harbor Shores, Haymarket Taproom, Hickory Creek Winery, Hidden Pointe, Jollay Orchards, Journeyman Distillery, Kilwins Ice Cream-Fudge-Chocolate Shoppe, Krasl Art Center, Stovers Farm Market & U-Pic, Lazy Ballerina Winery: Saint Joseph Tasting Room, Lemon Creek Winery, Love Creek County Park & Nature Center, North Pier Brewing Company, Round Barn Estate, Shuler Dairy Farms, Swiss Valley Ski & Snowboard Area, Tabor Hill Winery & Restaurant, Mason Jar Cafe, Third Coast Surf Shop, Tosi's, Vineyard 2121, Water Street Glassworks, Watermark Brewing Company, Weko Beach Campground, Warren Dunes State Park, Jean Klock Park, Scooter Joe's Wheel & Water Rentals, Tiscornia Park, Silver Beach County Park, Silver Beach Pizza, Galien River County Park, Dr. T.K. Lawless County Park, Fab Lab at Lake Michigan College, Houndstooth, Lake Bluff Park, Plank’s Tavern on the Water, Peat's Cider Social, River St. Joe
We all love exploring new places and trying new things as a couple —or at least that’s what we tell ourselves before ending up at the same three restaurants, hiking the same trails, or visiting the same sites. If that sounds like you and you’re looking for a little adventure, we’re here to help! Whether you’ve never visited Southwest Michigan, you’ve been here a hundred times, or even call Southwest Michigan home, these date night starter ideas will allow you and your partner to break away from your normal routines and make new memories together.
International Women's Day - JW Morlock & Girls
- Lauren Kniebes
- Related Member: Lazy Ballerina Winery: Saint Joseph Tasting Room, JW Morlock & Girls LLC
March 8th is International Women’s Day, a day celebrated throughout the world to recognize women’s achievements, raise awareness of gender biases, and promote equality for all women globally. In many countries, it is considered an official holiday. According to 2012 Census data, female entrepreneurs own 36% of all businesses in the United States, and that number appears to be increasing every year. Southwest Michigan is home to a number of diverse women-owned/managed businesses. In honor of International Women’s Day, we will be highlighting some of those women-owned businesses and their female founders who have followed their dreams, pursued their passions and made their mark here in Michigan’s Great Southwest. We spoke with matriarch Debra about the JW Morlock & Girls story. Here's what she had to say.
Southwest Michigan Staycation Guide: How to vacation at home
- Mikhayla Dunaj
- Related Member: The Livery, Howard Johnson, ARS Gallery, Best Western, Comfort Suites - Benton Harbor, Comfort Suites - Stevensville, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn - Benton Harbor/St. Joseph, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Benton Harbor, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - St. Joseph, Inn at Harbor Shores, Krasl Art Center, BENTON HARBOR ARTS ASSOCIATION, Silver Beach Carousel, Silver Beach Hotel, SpringHill Suites, Super 8, Courtyard by Marriott, Dr. T.K. Lawless County Park, tru by Hilton, Hampton Inn & Suites
Oftentimes, we all need a breather. It can take many forms — a wine tasting with friends, a meal out with family, a solo walk along the beach and so on. These little breaks allow us to return to our daily lives refreshed after some self-care. Why should that time only last a few hours?
Inspiring Businesswomen: Two ladies create a gathering place at The Local
- Lauren Kniebes
- Related Member: Lazy Ballerina Winery: Saint Joseph Tasting Room, The Local
Female Founder: Brittney Doehrer and Paige Belanger
As a female entrepreneur myself, I always keep an eye out for other women in business who are absolutely crushing it. Locally-owned businesses can change an existing area, creating community and a new place to gather.
Dine indoors in Southwest Michigan again
- Related Member: The Livery, Clementine's Too, Froehlich's, Grande Mere Inn, The Golf Club at Harbor Shores, Haymarket Taproom, Journeyman Distillery, Lehman's Farmhouse, North Pier Brewing Company, Round Barn Brewery & Public House, Silver Harbor Brewing Company, Tabor Hill Winery & Restaurant, Mason Jar Cafe, Tosi's, Bistro on the Boulevard, Silver Beach Pizza, Iron Shoe Distillery, Ghost Isle Brewery, Round Barn Filling Station, Houndstooth, Plank’s Tavern on the Water, River St. Joe
If it’s getting old viewing your favorite Southwest Michigan restaurants from the curbside pick-up spot, hop out of your car and dine inside! Michigan restaurants reopened indoor dining to 50% capacity on March 5. Be sure to check their hours and offerings — many are new. There’s no need to eat up your time searching online. You can catch up on who is open when below.