Take an Enchanting Holiday Stroll in St. Joseph
- Joshua Nowicki
- Related Member: St. Joseph Today, City of St. Joseph, Silver Beach County Park
The holiday season is enchanting in St. Joseph, Michigan. The air is crisp and invigorating, the light sparkles on the snow and ice and the decorations are dazzling. If you bundle up and take a walk around this Victorian-era downtown you will be greeted with some wonderful views and postcard-perfect photo opportunities.
Handicap-accessible Holiday Fun for Families and Groups!
- Related Member: The Acorn, Clementine's Too, Curious Kids' Museum, Silver Beach Carousel, Tabor Hill Winery & Restaurant, Twin City Players, Silver Beach Pizza
Our area attractions are designed with handicap-accessibility in mind, for fun without limits! Many people think of Southwest Michigan as a summer destination, but throughout the holiday season and beyond, our charming towns put on a non-stop celebration of the season.
Wrap up your holiday shopping in Southwest Michigan
- Related Member: Froehlich's, FuzzyButz Pet Bakery & Boutique, Kilwins Ice Cream-Fudge-Chocolate Shoppe, Silver Beach Carousel, The Christmas Tree, Third Coast Surf Shop, Watervliet Fruit Exchange, The Sandpiper/Hoof-To-Hanger Fiber Mill
Holiday shopping days are flying by “like the down of a thistle,” but you have nothing to dread. There is still time to gather up presents in Southwest Michigan. Our festively decorated towns along Lake Michigan and in our countryside make shopping fun. There’s no need to worry about whether gifts will ship on time (you’ll bring them home, often wrapped). No crowds to wriggle through. No expensive parking lots to devour your gift-buying cash. Come on your own or bring friends. There are plenty of places to stay, so there’s also no need to rush.
Our Holiday List of the Top 10 Best Activities in Southwest Michigan
- Related Member: St. Joseph Today, The Acorn, Citadel Dance & Music Center, Fernwood Botanical Garden & Nature Preserve, The Golf Club at Harbor Shores, Love Creek County Park & Nature Center, Madeline Bertrand County Park, Michigan Maritime Museum, Round Barn Winery, Swiss Valley Ski & Snowboard Area
When temperatures drop, you may be tempted to curl up at home, but you won’t want to miss all the fun that Southwest Michigan has to offer! We asked locals to list some of their favorite winter activities and traditions. When you’re ready to come out of hibernation, we have plenty to keep you entertained throughout the holiday season. Trade in your wool blanket for a countryside blanketed in freshly fallen snow and end your day socializing in front of a roaring fire.
Benton Harbor Arts District
- Joshua Nowicki
- Related Member: The Livery, ARS Gallery, The Golf Club at Harbor Shores, New Territory Arts Association, North Pier Brewing Company, Mason Jar Cafe, The Oak Room at the Citadel, Water Street Glassworks, The GhostLight Theatre, Houndstooth
There is always something new to see, experience, learn and taste in the Benton Harbor Arts District. When I moved to Southwest Michigan several years ago, there was a solid core of arts organizations in the district. Over the last few years, the area has increased its appeal with a variety of other businesses and restaurants. Moreover, it is just around the corner from the Harbor Shores Golf Club which hosts the KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship every other year.