Five Fun Summer Date Ideas
- Related Member: Fernwood Botanical Garden & Nature Preserve, Kilwins Ice Cream-Fudge-Chocolate Shoppe, Dr. T.K. Lawless County Park, Plank’s Tavern on the Water
After months of staying in, you may be looking for ways to reconnect with your loved one. Southwest Michigan is full of ways to up the romance level - in fact, St. Joseph was named “Michigan’s Most Romantic City.” Check out these five ways to switch things up this season.
Hot, new tourism trend – stargazing – comes to Southwest Michigan!
- Related Member: Dr. T.K. Lawless County Park
One of the hottest tourism trends is stargazing. And whether you’re a seasoned astronomer, looking for new date-night ideas or for a fun, outdoor activity to do with the kids, Southwest Michigan is an international destination for some of the best night-sky viewing. That’s right, Cass County’s Dr. T.K. Lawless Park in Vandalia is one of only two designated International Dark Sky Parks in Michigan and one of the state’s official Dark Sky Preserves.
Summertime Harvest: Your guide to fresh-picked goodness in & around St. Joseph
- Related Member: Bob's Barn Farm Market and Bakery, DeGrandchamp Farms, Fruit Acres Farm Market & U-Pick, Jollay Orchards, Stovers Farm Market & U-Pic, Lehman's Orchard, Lemon Creek Winery, JW Morlock & Girls LLC, Piggott's Farm Market & Bakery, Shuler Dairy Farms, The Blueberry Patch, Watervliet Fruit Exchange, Higbee's Farm
The same Lake Michigan that lures you in every summer is the reason we harvest a large variety of fruits and vegetables in Southwest Michigan. The lake tempers our climate which creates the perfect growing environment for our produce and why so many of our family farms have been around for generations. We invite you to visit our farms and farm stands this summer, see where your food is grown, and handpick the freshest, sweetest, crispest produce and bring it home to your table.
Ready now! Plump, juicy, oh-so-good blueberries!
- Related Member: DeGrandchamp Farms, Nye's Apple Barn, The Blueberry Patch
Mmmm. One of the best tastes of summer is right-off-the-bush blueberries. And you can come and get them now!
The Best Places to Enjoy a Southwest Michigan Sunset
- Zack East
- Related Member: Contessa Wine Cellars, Fernwood Botanical Garden & Nature Preserve, Grande Mere Inn, Jollay Orchards, The LakeHouse Restaurant, Tabor Hill Winery & Restaurant, Weko Beach Campground, Warren Dunes State Park, Jean Klock Park, Tiscornia Park, Silver Beach County Park, Bistro on the Boulevard, Galien River County Park, Plank’s Tavern on the Water
Whether inland or by-the-coast, Southwest Michigan’s "sunset game" is strong! Enjoy a great meal with the family, or a weekend getaway with your sweetie or your besties, and take in an after-dinner treat featuring beautiful hues of red, orange and yellow streaks across the western skyline.