5 Ways to Spend Your Leap Day in Southwest Michigan
- SARAH SPOONHOLTZ
- Related Member: The Livery, Comfort Suites - Stevensville, Curious Kids' Museum, Fernwood Botanical Garden & Nature Preserve, Hilton Garden Inn - Benton Harbor/St. Joseph, Inn at Harbor Shores, Kilwins Ice Cream-Fudge-Chocolate Shoppe, The Mendel Center at Lake Michigan College, The LakeHouse Restaurant, Silver Beach Carousel, Slackers Family Fun Center & Laser Tag, The Boulevard Inn, Grand Mere State Park
There’s nothing better than a leap year, except when our bonus day falls on a Saturday, which is exactly what 2020 brings us! Southwest Michigan offers multiple opportunities for you to turn your bonus day into a memorable one.
The View Of Chicago From Southwestern Michigan
- Joshua Nowicki
- Related Member: Warren Dunes State Park, Grand Mere State Park, Lake Bluff Park, Lookout Park
Several years ago I wrote a blog post about the view of Chicago from Michigan. Since then I have taken time-lapse photos, there has been more debate what is possible to see, and I have appeared in an ABC57 news segment talking about the science behind the view.
Five Fun Winter Date Ideas
- Erika Peterson
- Related Member: Round Barn Winery, Swiss Valley Ski & Snowboard Area, Bistro on the Boulevard, JLN Studio, John and Dede Howard Ice Rink
Looking for something new and fun to do together to get out of the house? We know dinner and a movie gets a little old after a while and sometimes we forget about all of the fun things Southwest Michigan has to offer during winter. Check out these five ways to switch things up this season.
- Related Member: Grape and Grain Tours, LLC, Inn at Harbor Shores, Lazy Ballerina Winery, Santaniello's Glenlord Restaurant, Plank’s Tavern on the Water
Are you already wondering how you’ll make it through the week? Sounds like you could use a little getaway. Every once in a while, we all need to break away from our daily routines and responsibilities and just have a little fun! What better way to do that than to enjoy a day out with your girls? Relax at the spa; go wine tasting, catch up over dinner and dessert, or even splurge on some retail therapy. Sounds like fun, right? But who has the time to plan it?
Most Romantic Stops Along the Makers Trail
- Related Member: Contessa Wine Cellars, Dablon Vineyards Winery & Tasting Room, Grande Mere Inn, Tabor Hill Winery & Restaurant
The Makers Trail offers scenic views, rich wines, delicious meals and cozy tasting rooms perfect for visiting with your valentine. If you’re searching for romantic places to spend time this Valentine’s Day weekend here are a few romantic stops to consider.