Top Free Fall Activities in Southwest Michigan
- Related Member: Box Factory for the Arts, The Heritage Museum and Cultural Center, Siegfried H. Horn Museum, Krasl Art Center, North Berrien Historical Museum, Weko Beach Campground, Jean Klock Park, Silver Beach County Park, Galien River County Park, Andrews Trails
From the gorgeous fall colors to the bountiful harvest that fills our Lake Michigan coast, fall is one of the best times to travel to Southwest Michigan. It is also a more affordable and calmer time of year to visit since our busy summer season has come to an end. You will find plenty of free activities in and around St. Joseph that are perfect for anyone on a budget. Here are the top free things to do in Southwest Michigan this fall:
Making a Memorable Fall in Southwest Michigan
- Related Member: City of Buchanan, Jollay Orchards, Lehman's Farmhouse, Water Street Glassworks, Buchanan Art Center
Fall is in full swing in Southwest Michigan, and it’s time to make the most of this autumnal season! Here are five ways to make your fall memorable this year in Southwest Michigan.
Making Dinner Fun Again
- Eric Halder
- Related Member: Big Dan's U-Pick 'em & Farm Market, Bob's Barn Farm Market and Bakery, DeGrandchamp Farms, Fruit Acres Farm Market & U-Pick, Granor Farm, Stovers Farm Market & U-Pic, Lehman's Farmhouse, Piggott's Farm Market & Bakery, Shuler Dairy Farms, Starbuck's Blueberry Farm, Tree-Mendus Fruit Farm, Baroda Farmers Market, Higbee's Farm, Sommerfeldt's Farm
Mealtime lately has lost its spark. Whether it’s the struggle of coming up with new ideas or just being uninspired, falling back into the default 5 meals day in and day out, has left our plates just a little less joyful.
Fortunately a trip to the farmers market or local U-pick may be all that’s needed to jog your noggin into gear. Our latest trip yielded this magnificent purple cauliflower. I named it Beatrice. Beatrice wasn’t only beautiful on the outside, every floret was a piece of art. So we set those pieces atop fire and gobbled them up with a homemade cilantro lime dressing!
Summer dining – everything tastes better outdoors
- Katie White
- Related Member: The Livery, Clementine's Too, Froehlich's, The Golf Club at Harbor Shores, Haymarket Taproom, Journeyman Distillery, The LakeHouse Restaurant, Lehman's Farmhouse, North Pier Brewing Company, Santaniello's Glenlord Restaurant, Silver Harbor Brewing Company, Tabor Hill Winery & Restaurant, Tapistry Brewing Company, The Buck Burgers & Brew, Mason Jar Cafe, Tosi's, Vineyard 2121, Bistro on the Boulevard, Iron Shoe Distillery, Ghost Isle Brewery, Round Barn Filling Station, Houndstooth, Plank’s Tavern on the Water, Mark III Grille & Bar, River St. Joe
Summer is in full swing and now is a great time to dine outdoors in scenic Southwest Michigan. Savor every delicious morsel overlooking Lake Michigan, the St. Joseph River, our quaint downtowns, vineyards or verdant fields. Whether you’re looking for a place to meet up for an early morning breakfast, working lunch or a romantic dinner out with your loved ones, you will find a table in these 25 fresh-air venues:
Mt. Tabor Trails: New, One-of-a-Kind Tasting Adventure
- Related Member: Round Barn Estate, Tabor Hill Winery & Restaurant
You may have visited the Makers Trail before, but you probably have never experienced anything quite like this in Southwest Michigan. There is a whole new tasting adventure provided by Moersch Hospitality Group: Mt. Tabor Trails in Buchanan!