Welcome to Our Flight Crew
Earn sweet rewards for exploring the Makers Trail
Pick up a passport to score some sweet Makers Trail rewards
while discovering Southwest Michigan’s craft breweries, wineries
and distilleries. The more destinations you visit, the more free
stuff you’ll get!
Along your Southwest Michigan flight path, you will discover new favorites as you visit more than 40 craft breweries, wineries and distilleries on our Makers Trail Guide or our free app from the App Store or Google Play. Each destination has a distinct personality and serves specialties to showcase each maker’s craftsmanship. Order a flight so you can taste more!
Flight Crew Rewards
Build toward your rewards at each destination
DEADLINE TO EARN YOUR FLIGHT CREW REWARDS IS APRIL 30, 2018
Your Flight Crew Passport stamps accrue toward increasingly valuable rewards. Stamps can be redeemed in groups of 10 for rewards in these three levels:
REWARD LEVEL 1 = MAKERS TRAIL BEANIE
Earn it by collecting a total of 10 different Makers Trail stamps.
REWARD LEVEL 2 = MAKERS TRAIL MITTENS
Earn them by collecting a total of 20 different Makers Trail stamps.
REWARD LEVEL 3 = 2 MAKERS TRAIL FESTIVAL TICKETS PLUS ENTRY INTO THE GRAND PRIZE DRAWING
Earn it by collecting a total of 30 different Makers Trail stamps.
You'll receive two tickets to the annual Makers Trail Festival at Weko Beach next June PLUS automatic entry to win one of our five Grand Prizes!
Enter Our Grand Prize Drawing
Win a Flight Crew All-Inclusive Layover!
Each Flight Crew All-Inclusive Layover package includes 2 nights (double occupancy) in a Southwest Michigan hotel, plus gift certificates that can be redeemed at area restaurants, all Makers Trail destinations and more.
Eligibility for the Grand Prize drawing:
- Complete Reward Level 3 by collecting stamps from 30 different makers.
- Submit your passport with completed Claim Ticket to the Southwestern Michigan Tourist Council for validation by May 9, 2019.
- You will automatically be entered into the Grand Prize drawing on May 10, 2019. Winners will be notified the same day.
BONUS: Earn an EXTRA REWARD!
Just stay one or more nights at a participating area hotel.
MAKERS TRAIL ALL-WEATHER PICNIC BLANKET
If you’ve completed any of the Passport reward levels (1, 2 or 3), you can earn this fleece picnic blanket with water-repellant shell by staying at least one night at a participating Southwest Michigan hotel between November 1 and April 30, 2019. Have your Claim Ticket stamped by the hotel front desk staff before you leave. Visit swmichigan.org/hotels for a list of participating hotels.
Here’s how it works
- You must be at least 21 years old to participate.
- Bring your Flight Crew Passport to any of the Makers Trail breweries, distilleries and wineries. For the current list of makers and destinations, visit MakersTrail.org.
- Make a purchase, then have your server stamp your passport before you leave. Each maker has a unique passport stamp and you may use only one stamp from each maker toward earning your rewards. Duplicate stamps will not be counted.
- Keep this passport to continue collecting stamps to earn up to three rewards, including an entry into our Grand Prize drawing. (Offer good while reward supplies last.)
- Once you’ve filled a page with stamps, have your passport validated to claim your reward.
- Keep your Flight Crew Passport safe! Additional passports are available, but lost stamps can only be replaced by revisiting the Makers Trail destinations. It’s advisable to fill out the top portion of the Claim Ticket on page 11 as soon as you get your passport to avoid having it used by another person.
HOW TO CLAIM YOUR REWARDS
- Collect stamps from Makers Trail destinations to fill the reward pages in this passport between now and April 30, 2019. Duplicate stamps will not count toward your rewards.
- Fill out the Claim Ticket on page 11. Do not remove the Claim Ticket from your passport.
- Each time you complete a reward level, submit your Flight Crew Passport for validation by mailing it or bringing it in person to:
SOUTHWESTERN MICHIGAN TOURIST COUNCIL
2300 Pipestone Road, Benton Harbor, MI 49022
Phone: (269) 925-6301
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 8:30am-5pm. Closed Sat. & Sun.
- You may also choose to wait to submit your passport until after you have completed all the reward levels you’re interested in, but passports must be received and validated by May 9, 2019 to be eligible for earned rewards.
- Passports submitted by mail will be returned by mail with your rewards. If you bring your passport to the Southwestern Michigan Tourist Council you can pick up your reward at that time.
- Keep this passport to continue collecting stamps toward your next reward.
Offer good while reward supplies last.