Makers Trail Flight Crew Passport is TEMPORARILY DELAYED by COVID-19 pandemic
Flight Crew Members -
We are temporarily grounding Maker Trail flights during the stay@home order in Michigan. Our Makers Trail breweries, wineries and distilleries are either currently open only for takeout or online sales or are closed until the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions end. That requires us to stop the Flight Crew Passport program until it’s safe to be on the trail.
The passport program WILL take off again! We will restart it the minute we get an all-clear from our Southwest Michigan Makers Trail members that they have re-opened for tastings, tours and inside dining services. Please keep your Makers Trail Flight Crew Passport safe. As soon as we can, we will post the new deadlines for collecting stamps and claiming your Passport prizes. For updates, follow us on this page or Facebook.com/MakersTrail.
While hanging out at home, toast better days ahead with Southwest Michigan craft beers, wines and spirits. Many of our Makers offer takeout, delivery and shipping options for their liquid artistry. Or check this out — some are even offering Facebook Live happy hours and virtual tastings. Plus look for your favorites on your local grocery or beverage store shelves. Several makers distribute their craft regionally. Several makers distribute their craft regionally.
Another way to help. Buy gift cards to use now or when you are allowed to visit our members along the Makers Trail. Contact your favorite makers for details. We look forward to seeing you on our flight paths soon!
Flight Crew Rewards
Build toward your rewards at each destination
WE WILL ANNOUNCE THE NEW DEADLINE TO EARN YOUR FLIGHT CREW REWARDS AFTER MICHIGAN LIFTS ITS COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
Your Flight Crew Passport stamps accrue toward increasingly valuable rewards. Stamps can be redeemed in groups of 10 for rewards in these three levels:
REWARD LEVEL 1 = MAKERS TRAIL T-SHIRT
Earn it by collecting a total of 10 different Makers Trail stamps.
REWARD LEVEL 2 = MAKERS TRAIL HOODIE
Earn them by collecting a total of 20 different Makers Trail stamps.
REWARD LEVEL 3 = 2 MAKERS TRAIL FESTIVAL TICKETS PLUS ENTRY INTO THE GRAND PRIZE DRAWING
Earn it by collecting a total of 30 different Makers Trail stamps.
You'll receive two tickets to the 2020 Makers Trail Festival at Weko Beach (a new late summer/early fall date is in the works) PLUS automatic entry to win one of our five Grand Prizes!
Enter Our Grand Prize Drawing
Win a Flight Crew All-Inclusive Layover!
Each Flight Crew All-Inclusive Layover package includes 2 nights (double occupancy) in a participating hotel in Benton Harbor, St. Joseph or Stevensville. You also will receive gift certificates that can be redeemed at area restaurants, all Makers Trail destinations and more.
Eligibility for the Grand Prize drawing:
- Complete Reward Level 3 by collecting stamps from a total of 30 different makers.
- Submit your Passport with completed Claim Ticket to the Southwestern Michigan Tourist Council for validation by the new date we will announce after Michigan lifts its COVID-19 restrictions.
- You will automatically be entered into the Grand Prize Drawing which we will hold on a date TBD after Michigan lifts its COVID-19 restrictions. Winners will be notified the same day.
Please check this page or Facebook.com/MakersTrail for deadline updates.
BONUS: Earn an EXTRA REWARD!
Makers Trail 20-ounce Stainless Steel YETI® Rambler Tumbler
If you’ve completed any of the Passport reward levels, you can earn this navy blue stainless steel YETI® Rambler Tumbler by staying at least one night at a participating hotel in Benton Harbor, St. Joseph or Stevensville between Sept. 3, 2019, and a new deadline we will announce after Michigan lifts its COVID-19 restrictions. Have your Claim Ticket stamped by the hotel staff before you leave. Only one Passport will be stamped per room. (Click here for the complete list of our participating hotels.)
Here’s how it works
- You must be at least 21 years old to participate.
- Bring your Flight Crew Passport to any of the Makers Trail breweries, distilleries and wineries. For the current list of makers and destinations, visit MakersTrail.org.
- Make a purchase, then have your server stamp your Passport before you leave. Each maker has a unique Passport stamp and you may use only one stamp from each maker toward earning your rewards. Duplicate stamps will not be counted.
- Keep this Passport to continue collecting stamps to earn up to three rewards, including an entry into our Grand Prize Drawing. (Offer good while reward supplies last.)
- Once you’ve filled a page with stamps, have your Passport validated to claim your reward.
- Keep your Flight Crew Passport safe! Additional Passports are available, but lost stamps can only be replaced by revisiting the Makers Trail destinations. It’s advisable to fill out the top portion of the Claim Ticket on page 11 as soon as you get your Passport to avoid having it used by another person.
HOW TO CLAIM YOUR REWARDS
- Collect stamps from Makers Trail destinations to fill the reward pages in this Passport between now and a new deadline we will announce after Michigan lifts its COVID-19 restrictions. Duplicate stamps will not count toward your rewards.
- Fill out the Claim Ticket on page 11. Do not remove the Claim Ticket from your Passport.
- Each time you complete a reward level, submit your Flight Crew Passport for validation by mailing it or bringing it in person to:
SOUTHWESTERN MICHIGAN TOURIST COUNCIL
2300 Pipestone Road, Benton Harbor, MI 49022
Phone: (269) 925-6301
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 8:30am-5pm. Closed Sat. & Sun.
Please Note: the Southwestern Michigan Tourist Council is closed until after Michigan lifts its COVID-19 restrictions.
- You may also choose to wait to submit your Passport until after you have completed all the reward levels that interest you. However, to be eligible to receive your earned rewards, your Passport must be received and validated by the new date we will announce after Michigan lifts its COVID-19 restrictions. Check this page or Facebook.com/MakersTrail for deadline updates.
- Passports submitted by mail will be returned by mail with your rewards. If you bring your Passport to the Southwestern Michigan Tourist Council, once we reopen, you can pick up your reward at that time.
- Keep this Passport to continue collecting stamps toward your next reward.
Offer good while reward supplies last.