Good News! You have until July 15, 2020, to complete your 2019-2020 Makers Trail Flight Crew Passport
Flight Crew Members -
Great news! Our Makers Trail breweries, wineries and distilleries that had to limit their services during the coronavirus pandemic, are able to re-open again! That means you can show your Makers Trail Flight Crew Passport at any open, participating destination and enjoy the delicious craft of our makers. The more places you visit, the more different stamps you can collect, the more FREE Flight Crew gear you can earn.
The passport program runs now ‘til July 15. Please check with individual destinations to learn whether they have re-opened, their seating capacity, hours, reservation policy, methods of payment and other steps they are taking to flatten the pandemic curve. Find their locations and contact information here.
Expect a few changes. All of our Makers Trail destinations will follow the State’s and Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.
- Keep 6 ft/2 m minimum distance between anyone who is not part of your group.
- Wear a cloth face cover except when eating or drinking. The only exceptions will be if you have a medical reason for not covering your face or if the staff needs to verify your ID.
- Follow CDC guidelines if you are sick or feeling symptomatic. We look forward to being together when you feel better.
Each destination will adhere to robust cleaning and sanitation protocols as well as health screenings for their employees. We want you to relax knowing that you are in a very good place.
Yes, you can still get food/beverages to-go, curbside pickup or delivery. Many of our Makers Trail destinations offer options that make it very easy to bring their craft home or to your nearby cottage or lodgings. Visit each destination online for details and be sure to ask about how to get your Passport stamp.
Flight Crew Rewards
Build toward your rewards at each destination
The more Passport stamps you collect by July 15, the more fun gear you can get.
Your Flight Crew Passport stamps accrue toward increasingly valuable rewards. Stamps can be redeemed in groups of 10 for rewards in these three levels:
REWARD LEVEL 1 = MAKERS TRAIL T-SHIRT
Earn it by collecting a total of 10 different Makers Trail stamps.
REWARD LEVEL 2 = MAKERS TRAIL HOODIE
Earn them by collecting a total of 20 different Makers Trail stamps.
REWARD LEVEL 3 = 2 MAKERS TRAIL FESTIVAL TICKETS PLUS ENTRY INTO THE GRAND PRIZE DRAWING
Earn it by collecting a total of 30 different Makers Trail stamps.
You'll receive two tickets to the 2021 Makers Trail Festival at Weko Beach on June 12 PLUS automatic entry to win one of our five Grand Prizes!
Enter Our Grand Prize Drawing
Win a Flight Crew All-Inclusive Layover!
Each Flight Crew All-Inclusive Layover package includes 2 nights (double occupancy) in a participating hotel in Benton Harbor, St. Joseph or Stevensville. You also will receive gift certificates that can be redeemed at area restaurants, all Makers Trail destinations and more.
Eligibility for the Grand Prize drawing:
- Complete Reward Level 3 by collecting stamps from a total of 30 different makers.
- Submit your Passport with completed Claim Ticket to the Southwestern Michigan Tourist Council for validation by July 27, 2020.
- You will automatically be entered into the Grand Prize Drawing which we will hold on July 28, 2020. Winners will be notified the same day.
BONUS: Earn an EXTRA REWARD!
Makers Trail 20-ounce Stainless Steel YETI® Rambler Tumbler
If you’ve completed any of the Passport reward levels, you can earn this navy blue stainless steel YETI® Rambler Tumbler by staying at least one night at a participating hotel in Benton Harbor, St. Joseph or Stevensville between Sept. 3, 2019, and July 15, 2020. Have your Claim Ticket stamped by the hotel staff before you leave. Only one Passport will be stamped per room. (Click here for the complete list of our participating hotels.)
Here’s how it works
- You must be at least 21 years old to participate.
- Bring your Flight Crew Passport to any of the Makers Trail breweries, distilleries and wineries. For the current list of makers and destinations, visit MakersTrail.org.
- Make a purchase, then have your server stamp your Passport before you leave. Each maker has a unique Passport stamp and you may use only one stamp from each maker toward earning your rewards. Duplicate stamps will not be counted.
- Keep this Passport to continue collecting stamps to earn up to three rewards, including an entry into our Grand Prize Drawing. (Offer good while reward supplies last.)
- Once you’ve filled a page with stamps, have your Passport validated to claim your reward.
- Keep your Flight Crew Passport safe! Additional Passports are available, but lost stamps can only be replaced by revisiting the Makers Trail destinations. It’s advisable to fill out the top portion of the Claim Ticket on page 11 as soon as you get your Passport to avoid having it used by another person.
HOW TO CLAIM YOUR REWARDS
- Collect stamps from Makers Trail destinations to fill the reward pages in this Passport between now and July 15, 2020. Duplicate stamps will not count toward your rewards.
- Fill out the Claim Ticket on page 11. Do not remove the Claim Ticket from your Passport.
- Each time you complete a reward level, submit your Flight Crew Passport for validation by mailing it or bringing it in person to:
SOUTHWESTERN MICHIGAN TOURIST COUNCIL
2300 Pipestone Road, Benton Harbor, MI 49022
Phone: (269) 925-6301
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 8:30am-5pm. Closed Sat. & Sun.
- You may also choose to wait to submit your Passport until after you have completed all the reward levels that interest you. However, to be eligible to receive your earned rewards, your Passport must be received and validated by July 27, 2020.
- Passports submitted by mail will be returned by mail with your rewards. If you bring your Passport to the Southwestern Michigan Tourist Council, once we reopen, you can pick up your reward at that time.
- Keep this Passport to continue collecting stamps toward your next reward.
Offer good while reward supplies last.