Creative Pursuit Game is TEMPORARILY STOPPED by COVID-19 pandemic
Creative Pursuit Players -
We are temporarily stopping the Creative Pursuit Game during Michigan’s stay@home order. Our 19 Creative Connections participants are currently closed until the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions end. That requires us to stop the Creative Pursuit Game until it’s safe to play.
You will pursue creativity again! We will restart the game the minute we get an all-clear from our Southwest Michigan Creative Connections members that they are open for visits, shows, classes and more. Please keep your Creative Connections map and Creative Pursuit Game card safe. As soon as we can, we will post the new deadlines for collecting stamps and claiming your prizes. For updates, check this page or follow us on Facebook.com/swmtc.
While hanging out at home, attend live and past concerts. Southwest Michigan is renowned for being an epicenter of creativity. So, it is no surprise that several of our venues are showcasing regional talent on Facebook Live and YouTube. Read this “Let us entertain you” blog for ideas to inspire you, help you unwind, make you giggle, etc. in the next few weeks.
Another way to help. The COVID-19 pandemic restrictions are hitting artists, performers and nonprofits extra hard. They count on residents and tourists to visit, attend shows, buy art, etc. Please contact your favorite Creative Connections to purchase gift cards for future visits and ticket purchases or to shop online for artisan gifts. We miss you and look forward to pursuing creative times together soon!
WE WILL ANNOUNCE THE NEW DEADLINE TO EARN YOUR CREATIVE PURSUIT REWARDS AFTER MICHIGAN LIFTS ITS COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS.
EARN THESE FUN PRIZES
Earn this unisex t-shirt by collecting three stamps, one each from an art gallery, museum and performance venue.
PRIZE LEVEL 2: Joshua Nowicki photographic art, signed by the artist
Joshua Nowicki is one of the most renowned photographers in Southwest Michigan. After completing Level 1, you can earn one of his signed landscape photographic prints by collecting one stamp in each Level 2 category. Choose your favorite from these four 8" x 10" images printed on lasting metal.
Get this Michigan candle when you complete Prize Level 1 or Level 2 and stay at least one night in a participating hotel in Benton Harbor, St. Joseph or Stevensville between Sept. 3, 2019, and a new date we will announce after Michigan lifts its COVID-19 restrictions. Before you check out of the hotel, ask the front desk staff to stamp your game card. They will stamp only one game card per room. For a list of participating hotels, visit swmichigan.org/hotels.
Once the Southwestern Michigan Tourist Council receives your completed Creative Pursuit game card and validates that you have completed Level 1 or Level 2 and stayed in a participating hotel, you will automatically be entered for a chance to win one of five Grand Prizes!
Grand Prize: all-inclusive, 2-night hotel package for two people
We will draw the names of five Grand Prize entries on a date to be determined after Michigan lifts its COVID-19 restrictions. If you are one of the winners, you will get everything you need to create a fun-packed three days in Southwest Michigan!
- Two-night stay (double occupancy) at one of our amenity-filled hotels in Benton Harbor, St. Joseph or Stevensville
- Plus food, beverages and entertainment to enhance your stay. Your package will include gift certificates redeemable at area restaurants, merchants and Makers Trail winery, brewery and distillery destinations.
For announcements and updates, check this page or follow us on Facebook.com/swmtc.
HERE’S HOW TO PLAY:
- You must be 18 years or older to participate.
- Bring this Creative Pursuit map to any of the participating sites listed inside the Creative Connections map.
- Each time you attend a performance, take a class or visit a Creative Connections site, ask them to stamp your game card before you leave. Each site has a unique stamp that may be used only once on your game card. Duplicate stamps will not count toward earning prizes.
- Continue collecting stamps to earn up to three prizes, including an entry into our Grand Prize Drawing. This offer is good while prize supplies last.
- Once you’ve filled the game card with stamps, have your Creative Pursuit Game Card validated to claim your prizes (see details below).
- Keep your Creative Connections Map safe! Additional maps are available, but the stamps can only be replaced by revisiting the Creative Connections sites. It’s advisable to fill out the top portion of the Creative License as soon as you get your map to avoid having it used by another person.
HOW TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZES
- Fill out the Creative License form. Do not remove the form from the map.
- Collect Creative Connections destination stamps between Sept. 3, 2019, and a new date we will announce after Michigan lifts its COVID-19 restrictions. Duplicate stamps will not count toward your prizes.
- Each time you complete a prize level, submit your Creative Pursuit map for validation by mailing or bringing it in person to:
SOUTHWESTERN MICHIGAN TOURIST COUNCIL
2300 Pipestone Road, Benton Harbor, MI 49022
Phone: (269) 925-6301
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 8:30am-5pm. Closed Sat. & Sun.
Please Note: the Southwestern Michigan Tourist Council is closed until after Michigan lifts its COVID-19 restrictions.
- You may also wait to submit your map until after you have completed all the prize levels that interest you. However, to be eligible for your earned prizes, we must receive and validate your map by the new date we will announce after Michigan lifts its COVID-19 restrictions.
- If you submit your map by mail it will be returned by mail with your prize. If you bring your map to the Southwestern Michigan Tourist Council you can pick up your prize at that time.
- Keep this map to continue collecting stamps toward your next prize. (Offer good while prize supplies last. Creative Pursuit promotion ends on the date we will announce after Michigan lifts its COVID-19 restrictions.)
- The Grand Prize Drawing will take place on the date we will announce after Michigan lifts its COVID-19 restrictions. Winners will be notified immediately.
LOOKING FORWARD TO WHEN WE ARE ALLOWED TO CONNECT AGAIN!
Stay Safe | Stay Healthy | Stay Creative