Easter egg hunts
- April 1 | Easter Eggstravaganza | City Hall Park, Dowagiac |10:30 a.m. | Old-fashioned egg hunt, photos with the Easter Bunny, “Be a Bunny” costume contest, sidewalk chalk art, face painting, games, cookie decorating and bounce house | Rain date the following Saturday
- April 1 | Easter Eggstravaganaza | First United Methodist Church, St. Joseph | 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. | Egg hunts will happen every 30 minutes with zones separated by age to find over 4,000 eggs | Registration encouraged: 269-983-3929
- April 2 | 2nd Annual Great BCHA Bunny Hunt | Berrien County Historical Association, Berrien Springs | 11 a.m. | Register, now to April 1, reservations are limited
Where to eat Easter brunch
From carving stations to build-your-own doughnuts to steak and avocado toast and decadent dessert stations, you can leave the cooking to our talented chefs this holiday. Wear your Easter best or come in casual clothes. We recommend you call ahead to save a table.
- Bird Dog, Mattawan | 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The Bistro on the Boulevard, St. Joseph | 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Staymaker Restaurant at Journeyman Distillery, Three Oaks | 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Plank’s Tavern on the Water, St. Joseph | 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wood Fire Trattoria, Dowagiac | 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
More activities to do Easter weekend
- Now through April 14 | Builders Bash LEGOⓇ Event| Silver Beach Carousel, St. Joseph | LEGO builds created by ages 5-18
- April 8 | Family Day | Krasl Art Center, St. Joseph | 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. | Free art activities
- April 8 | Spring Stampede 5K Run/Walk | Sarett Nature Center, Benton Harbor | 9 a.m.
- April 8 | The Ron Burgundy’s A-Club Acorn Show | The Acorn, Three Oaks | 8 to 11 p.m. | Yacht rock and soft-core rock of the 60s, 70s and 80s | $30 GA/$55 reserved
- April 8 & 9 | Best spring hikes in Southwest Michigan | There’s no better way to see spring blossoms and returning songbirds, look for eagles’ nests and feel Lake Michigan breezes
- April 9 | Wine Sample Sunday | St. Joe Wine Shoppe at The Market, St. Joseph | 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. | Themed event with three wine samples | Free
Where to fill your Easter baskets
Downtown St. Joseph and surrounding lakeside communities offer a variety of shops with Easter and spring decorations, sweets and treats. Here are a few places that will help you and the Easter Bunny create the best Easter baskets ever for your family, friends and even your pets!
- Bit of Swiss Pastry Shoppe, Stevensville
- The Brass Ring Gift Shop at the Silver Beach Carousel, St. Joseph
- Fuzzybutz Pet Bakery & Boutique, St. Joseph
- Kilwins Ice Cream-Fudge-Chocolate Shoppe, St. Joseph
- South Bend Chocolate Cafe, St. Joseph
- The Christmas Tree, Benton Harbor
Plan your holiday stay
With so many ways to celebrate Easter in Southwest Michigan, it makes sense to spend the weekend. Our Benton Harbor, St. Joseph and Stevensville hotels offer suites, indoor pools and many more amenities that will make staying here an annual Easter tradition.