Fall is in full swing in Southwest Michigan, and it’s time to make the most of this autumnal season! Here are six ways to make your fall memorable this year in Southwest Michigan.
- Spend a family day at Jollay Orchards. Here, everything great about our fall harvest is made into one family-friendly experience! Load up the whole crew for a hayride through Jollay Orchards' expansive fields. Smell the fresh grapes as the wagon jostles past their rows of vines. Then head to the trees to pick a peck of your favorite apple variety. Nothing compares to the crisp, juicy flavor of farm fresh!
Challenge yourself to find your way out of their corn maze. And pick your favorite pumpkins to take home. Whether you’re looking for pie pumpkins, big pumpkins to carve, or charming Cinderella pumpkins, you’ll find your favorite here.
Then snack on delicious cider doughnuts and try a variety of cider flavors – treat yourself to the caramel apple cider!
- Enjoy scarecrows, art and ciders in Buchanan. The City of Buchanan transforms in the fall with decorated scarecrows throughout the downtown area. Walk through downtown and admire each unique scarecrow, then enjoy an ice-cold cider at Lehman’s Farmhouse.
Finally, explore the arts at the Buchanan Art Center and gather a stamp for your Creative Pursuit game card. (You have until April 30, 2021, to earn great prizes.)
- Plan a fall color tour. Color peaks in Southwest Michigan generally mid to late October, but you can enjoy a fall color tour from mid-September through the end of October. With so much scenic countryside and gorgeous beaches, you’ll find Southwest Michigan’s fall color pops just a little more.
- If you enjoy Southwest Michigan wines and sampling along our Makers Trail, plan your winery visits around some of the most scenic views. While our wineries are all nestled among picturesque vistas, you’ll find that a winery tour through Berrien Springs and Baroda will yield an exceptionally beautiful ride.
- Search for beach glass. The best time to find beach glass is just after a good wind storm. If the fall gales kick up while you’re here for your visit, plan on hunting for the elusive beach glass along our shoreline. Get tips for making your hunt successful in our blog.
- Pick your favorite pumpkin in the patch. But this time choose between sparkly turquoise, hand-painted landscape scenes or an elegant metallic color. These one-of-a-kind, hand-blown glass pumpkins from Water Street Glassworks make an excellent addition to your fall decor.
Make the most of your time this fall finding life’s simple joys in Southwest Michigan. Book your trip today.