Looking for something new and fun to do together to get out of the house? We know dinner and a movie gets a little old after a while, and sometimes we forget about all of the fun things Southwest Michigan has to offer during winter. Check out these five ways to switch things up this season when you need winter date night ideas.
- Dine together at Grande Mere Inn for a romantic, intimate meal. This family owned and operated restaurant opened in 1980 and has a cozy, cottage-style dining room that is perched atop the Covert Ridge in Stevensville, with a stunning view of Lake Michigan and beautiful sunsets. Soups, breads, dressings and sauces are made in-house daily, and they avidly support and utilize the local farmers, wineries and breweries in the area. With entrees like top quality steaks, lake perch, lobster tails, blackened swordfish and roast maple leaf duckling, this meal is a step up from grabbing a quick bite to eat somewhere. There are gluten-free options too. And make sure to treat yourself to dessert! Choose from chocolate ganache, chocolate mousse, old fashioned carrot cake, coconut cream pie and apple caramel bread pudding. You can't go wrong!
- Art & Canvas at JLN Studio. You’ll have a blast painting and creating something together! No experience is necessary to take a class at their downtown Stevensville location and all supplies are included in the cost. See their upcoming classes.
- Night skiing at Swiss Valley Ski Area in Jones. There’s something even more thrilling about skiing the lighted slopes at night. Especially when you can take advantage of their 2-for-1 special from 5-10 p.m. every Saturday. Both lift tickets and rental equipment are two for the price of one. After skiing, snuggle up by the fireplace with a whipped cream-topped hot chocolate from the chalet.
- Ice skating at John and Dede Howard Ice Arena in St. Joseph. Spend some time together on the ice then grab a cup of cocoa from the concession stand and warm up by the fireplace. Skates are available for rent so you don’t need to bring your own. View their open skate hours here.
- Drink wine in an igloo at Round Barn Winery. This is the ultimate winter drinking environment. Enjoy the beautiful scenery outside while staying warm inside one of the new heated igloos at Round Barn Estate in Baroda. This is the perfect way to get cozy and enjoy your favorite wines, craft beers and spirits or sample something new.
Want to up the romance? Add watching the sunset on the bluff in St. Joseph to any of these winter date night ideas. Or discover more romantic ideas in our “Six Ways to Say I Love You” blog.