Looking for something new and fun to do together to get out of the house? We know dinner and a movie gets a little old after a while and sometimes we forget about all of the fun things Southwest Michigan has to offer during winter. Check out these five ways to switch things up this season.
- “Taste of the Bistro” at Bistro on the Boulevard located at The Boulevard Inn in St. Joseph. Every Tuesday night from 5 p.m.-close you can sample several things off the Bistro’s menu as small plates. They are perfect for sharing and give you the chance to try something new. Pair them with a glass of wine from their extensive wine list and crème brûlée for dessert.
- Art & Canvas at JLN Studio. You’ll have a blast painting and creating something together! No experience is necessary to take a class at their downtown Stevensville location and all supplies are included in the cost. See their upcoming classes here: https://julienitz.com/shop/
- Night skiing at Swiss Valley Ski Area in Jones. There’s something even more thrilling about skiing the lighted slopes at night. Especially when you can take advantage of their 2-for-1 special from 5-10 p.m. every Saturday. Both lift tickets and rental equipment are two for the price of one. After skiing, snuggle up by the fireplace with a whipped cream-topped hot chocolate from the chalet.
- Ice skating at John and Dede Howard Ice Arena in St. Joseph. Spend some time together on the ice then grab a cup of cocoa from the concession stand and warm up by the fireplace. Skates are available for rent so you don’t need to bring your own. View their open skate hours here.
- Drink wine in an igloo at Round Barn Winery. This is the ultimate winter drinking environment. Enjoy the beautiful scenery outside while staying warm inside one of the new heated igloos at Round Barn Estate in Baroda. This is the perfect way to get cozy and enjoy your favorite wines, craft beers and spirits or sample something new.
Want to up the romance? Add watching the sunset on the bluff in St. Joseph to any of these date nights. Or discover more romantic ideas in our “Six Ways to Say I Love You” blog.