You may use these photos solely for non-commercial purposes to promote visiting Southwest Michigan. You may not use them for advertising, commercial or individual purposes.
Arts District, Benton Harbor
Golf Club at Harbor Shores and Nature Trails, Benton Harbor
Bike, Hike & Cross-Country Ski Trails, Berrien, Cass & Van Buren Counties
Farms and Markets, Berrien, Cass & Van Buren Counties
Paddling Trails, Berrien, Cass & Van Buren Counties
Snowmobile Trails, Berrien Cass & Van Buren Counties
Craft Breweries, Distilleries & Wineries, Berrien County
Annual Berrien County Youth Fair, Berrien Springs
Warren Dunes State Park, Bridgman
Fernwood Botanical Garden and Nature Preserve, Niles
Victorian-Era Downtown Shops, Restaurants and Year-Around Festivals, St. Joseph
North Pier Lighthouses, St. Joseph
Silver Beach Center: Silver Beach Carousel, Discovery Zone by Curious Kids’ Museum, Shadowland at Silver Beach, St. Joseph
Whirlpool Compass Fountain, St. Joseph
Fact Checking Services
Media Hosting Tours
The Southwestern Michigan Tourist Council coordinates tours and provides itineraries for:
- Press groups
- Travel writers and editors
- Freelance travel writers or photographers on assignment
- Assigned staff from radio and television programs
- Bloggers from quality websites or blogs devoted to travel, outdoor recreation or food who have highly engaged audiences.
Depending on the assignment, we may be able to assist you with accommodations, transportation, etc. Complimentary or discounted arrangements, however, are subject to availability and the discretion of our members. Our number one concern is to assist working journalists, so we will not ask our members to host spouses, children and accompanying friends or journalists planning a leisure trip.
Our peak season is May through Labor Day, so it is rare that we can offer journalists discounted or complimentary accommodations, meals or admissions during those weeks. We can, however, during the summer months assist you with itineraries, scheduling interviews and photo sessions as well as providing background information about our area.
To help us help you, please:
- Give us as much lead time as possible (it’s best if we have two business weeks for arrangements).
- Bloggers, please send third party documentation (such as Google Analytics) of your web traffic data.
- To remain on our preferred media list, please forward a copy of your Southwest Michigan print or online published story, blog or video.
- For radio or television broadcasts please send a link and the air date after it runs.
- Travel media can stay up on the latest Southwest Michigan happenings and events on our website, Facebook page, blogs or a subscription to our free, monthly e-newsletter.
Here are other information sources which can help you with your stories:
City of St. Joseph
Dowagiac and Sister Lakes
Joshua Nowicki Photography
South Haven Visitors Bureau
St. Joseph Today Welcome Center
Again, thank you for wanting to share our story with others. We look forward to showing our paradise in the Midwest to you.