As the first snowflakes gently blanket Harbor Shores Golf Club in Benton Harbor, Claire Fetters, PMP, is thinking spring. The 2020 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship, which is held biennially on the Jack Nicklaus-designed Harbor Shores course, is only weeks away. As the marketing and promotions manager, Fetters is counting down the days until this international event tees off. “May 19 through 24 will be here before we know it,” she smiles. Which is why she wanted to talk with you about getting lodging reservations and tickets now.
“This is the fifth time we have hosted the KitchenAid Senior PGA at Harbor Shores,” said Fetters. “We will attract people from around the world to play and watch the best senior golf. The Championship play is also broadcast globally to millions of people on NBC and the Golf Channel. We are very proud to showcase Southwest Michigan over that week.”
Who will compete?
While the Championship field is not determined yet, notables that are eligible to play include Harbor Shores past Champions Roger Chapman, Colin Montgomerie, Rocco Mediate and Paul Broadhurst, along with Bernhard Langer, plus fan-favorites John Daly and Vijay Singh. Some first-timers that are eligible in 2020 are Ernie Els, Retief Goosen, Jim Furyk, and our 2020 Ryder Cup Captain Steve Stricker. Each day is exciting right up to the last putts.
What other popular events are held during Championship week?
“With KitchenAid as our title sponsor, we host celebrity chefs in KitchenAid’s Fairway Club,” said Fetters. “We also feature local beer, wine, and spirits in the Makers Trail 19th Hole.” (See separate article in this issue.).
Fetters added that for the kids and grandkids, the Championship hosts the YMCA Kids Zone between #8 and #9 Holes in Jean Klock Park on Lake Michigan. She said children can learn how to play golf from PGA professionals and play at inflatable hitting bays like Gator Golf and bounce houses. “Saturday, May 23rd, is Kids Day and we will feature special events for all children.”
Any special incentives?
Kids 0 to 17 years will be admitted into the Championship grounds for FREE when accompanied by a ticketed adult. Each ticketed adult will be permitted four junior grounds admissions per day at no additional charge.
To honor the men and women who are serving or have served in the U.S. Armed Forces, the Championship will admit at no charge our active duty, retirees, veterans, reserves, national guard members and their accompanying guest (limit one) to the Championship. >>More details
The 2020 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship tickets are now available at the lowest prices before the tournament action begins. “If you are thinking of attending the most prestigious senior golf event in 2020, now is the best time to order tickets,” said Fetters. “And if you want to make a golf fan totally happy this holiday, let them unwrap one of our gift packages and be ready for a bear hug.”
Choose your Championship experience
To ensure that your gift package or holiday gift box arrives by Christmas, place your order by Dec. 19, 2019. Each of the digital tickets and four-packs will be emailed in April 2020.
Ultimate Golf Experience | $129 | Limited Time Offer
Witness the greats of the game at the Championship and play on the same Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course. Gift Includes:
- Certificate for one (1) round of golf at Harbor Shores. Play a round of golf anytime during the 2020 golf season. Book your round at least three days in advance. Golf fees and cart are included.
- Certificate for one (1) Flex Grounds Ticket to the 2020 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship. Tickets can be used by one individual on one day during the Championship.
- One (1) blank KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship holiday gift card for you to personalize and a holiday envelope to present your gift. Maximum 10 packages per order.
Ultimate Golf Foursome Package | $399 | Limited Time Offer
You or your lucky recipient will watch golf where legends have walked and play where champions are made.
- Certificate for four (4) rounds of golf at Harbor Shores. Create a foursome and play a round of golf at Harbor Shores anytime during the 2020 golf season. Players must book their round at least three days in advance. Includes golf fees and cart.
- Certificate for one (1) Flex Grounds Ticket Four-Pack. An individual can use each of the four tickets one time on four separate days of the Championship. Or a group of up to four people can each use a ticket one time on one day or in another combination.
- One (1) blank KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship holiday gift card that you can personalize and a holiday envelope to present the certificates. Maximum 5 packages per order.
Championship Holiday Gift Box | Flex Grounds Ticket Four-Pack | $99 | Limited Time Offer
Surprise the golfer in your life (or treat yourself) with four tickets to witness golf’s senior legends in the 2020 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship at Harbor Shores.
- Certificate for one (1) Flex Grounds Ticket Four-Pack. See the description above.
- Two (2) KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship logoed beanie hats
- One (1) blank Senior PGA Championship holiday gift card for you to personalize plus the gifts arrive in a Senior PGA Championship-themed holiday gift box. Maximum of 10 holiday gift boxes per order.
Makers Trail 19th Hole Holiday Gift Box or Tickets | $69-$229 | Weekly & Daily Options
See the next article for details.
Any Day Flex Grounds Tickets | $19 Single Day | $79 Four-Pack
Single Day: This gives the ticket-holder the flexibility to choose which day of the Championship he or she attends. Maximum of 100 tickets per order.
Four-Pack: See description above. Maximum of 50 four-packs per order.
One of the standout features of the Harbor Shores event is the Makers Trail 19th Hole pavilion sponsored by the Southwestern Michigan Tourist Council. “No other Senior PGA site to date highlights local craft beer, wine and spirits as ours does,” says Fetters. “It’s a unique experience for golf and non-golf fans.”
- Relax in an upgraded covered pavilion. Watch championship golf at the final par 3 Hole #17 while sipping a cold craft beverage from a Southwest Michigan brewery, winery or distillery. Enjoy comfortable seating and watch additional Championship action on TVs, too.
- Food and beverages will be available for purchase in the pavilion. Upon arrival, each 19th Hole ticket holder will receive five (5) $5 vouchers toward concessions inside the venue.
Makers Trail 19th Hole Holiday Gift Box | $159 | Limited Time Offer
The gift box includes:
- Certificate for two (2) Makers Trail 19th Hole tickets. When you order, choose either a Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday Holiday Box. Each ticket will give you access on one day to the Championship as well as to the 19th Hole pavilion and its privileges.
- Two (2) Senior PGA Championship logoed beanie hats
- One (1) blank Senior PGA Championship holiday gift card for you to personalize plus a Senior PGA Championship-themed holiday gift box. Maximum of 5 holiday gift boxes per order.
Makers Trail 19th Hole Package | $229 | Limited Time Offer
The package includes:
Four daily tickets to the Championship and privileges to the Makers Trail 19th Hole pavilion on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Maximum 10 packages per order.
Daily Makers Trail 19th Hole Single Ticket | $69
Choose from Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday tickets. The ticket-holder will gain admission to the Championship on the designated day as well as privileges at the Makers Trail 19th Hole pavilion. Maximum of 25 tickets per order.