Make-your-own treasured gifts and festive holiday decorations
- Related Member: ARS Gallery, Krasl Art Center, The Mendel Center at Lake Michigan College, Lazy Ballerina Winery: Saint Joseph Tasting Room, Fab Lab at Lake Michigan College
One of the benefits of having more time at home this year is you can let your creativity shine. In Southwest Michigan, we make it easier to put together presents you’ll be proud to give and decorations that will last for holidays to come. And you still have time to make them!
Recipe: Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts
- Eric Halder
- Related Member: Stovers Farm Market & U-Pic
Brussels sprouts season is upon us! There are a lot of great ways to prepare them and a few really terrible methods. Looking at the people that boil them to a mush and then traumatize children at the dinner table. Today, we'll be going over a no-fuss method that anyone can master which is then finished off with an epic drizzle!
Best Mountain Bike Trails in Southwest Michigan
- Erika Anthony
- Related Member: Andrews University, Love Creek County Park & Nature Center, Dr. T.K. Lawless County Park
Southwest Michigan is a known destination for outdoor enthusiasts, and cyclists aren’t to be excluded. If you are looking for a fun but challenging ride with beautiful scenery, below are some of the best local mountain bike trails to add to your itinerary.
How to Plan a Workcation to Southwest Michigan
- Erika Anthony
- Related Member: Baymont Inn & Suites, Bridgman Public Library, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Inn at Harbor Shores, Maud Preston Palenske Memorial Public Library, Courtyard by Marriott
Can’t take a vacation? Try a workcation. If you are one of the many of us working and educating from home, why not combine your workdays with a much-needed change of scenery? The beautiful sites and outdoor activities of Southwest Michigan are just the fresh perspective and inspiration you need. Take advantage of the flexibility of working remotely with these tips to plan your workcation (or schoolcation) in our spacious Midwest paradise.
Top Free Fall Activities in Southwest Michigan
- Related Member: Box Factory for the Arts, The Heritage Museum and Cultural Center, Siegfried H. Horn Museum, Krasl Art Center, North Berrien Historical Museum, Weko Beach Campground, Jean Klock Park, Silver Beach County Park, Galien River County Park, Andrews Trails
From the gorgeous fall colors to the bountiful harvest that fills our Lake Michigan coast, fall is one of the best times to travel to Southwest Michigan. It is also a more affordable and calmer time of year to visit since our busy summer season has come to an end. You will find plenty of free activities in and around St. Joseph that are perfect for anyone on a budget. Here are the top free things to do in Southwest Michigan this fall: